Search This Blog

Welcome!

Technology integration in the education sector is very important these days. I want to educate people about some new technologies available, and some that are only being imagined today!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Technology...hmmmmm.......

I was at my parent's house this past weekend and I was working on their computer.  My parents and I were talking about technology and how much it has changed recently.  They could not believe how much technology has changed in just these past 5 years.  They actually did not know about a lot of new technology that has been created.  It is a interesting, and I never actually considered that many people do not know just how fast technology is growing.  We do not watch the news on TV to learn about new technologies, unless it affects us in a devastating way.  Even if not devastating, most technologies will affect us somehow.  Whether people want to learn about it or not, technology is changing and I believe it is getting better.  Better doesn't necessarily mean that new technologies are not going to cause any harm or be problematic; I just think that we are figuring out ways to TRY to make things better. Just another sign thatthe world is changing, and we are not in the 20th century anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I love that you brought this up. Its crazy how fast things are changing and unless you are immersed in the tech world some of these advances can be completely overlooked.
    It is important to constantly push yourself to experience new technology as it come out so that you are not left in the dust when that new technology becomes commonplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear being left in the dust! I do rely on the training the the high school I work at offers. Once these technology classes at SNHU are over, it will be up to me to push myself. The school I work at is good about training. We are fortunate to have 2 excellent IT people that love to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that the teachers are available to help... I would atleast recommend subscribing to a technology magazine. Such... PC Mag, or PC World. These two magazines are great. You do not have to be tech savvy to understand the information (maybe on some of the articles). Maybe that will be one of my future endevours...develop a magazine for educators with technology. hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete